Buying your tickets online on the website of Várkert Bazár is quick, convenient and simple:
|Full price admission:||4000 Ft|
|Reduced admission1:||2000 Ft|
|Group admission3:||3600 Ft|
1 50 % discount is available for people aged between 6-26 or 62-70 (citizens of EEA - European Economic Area) and it is subject to documents confirming your eligibility (e.g. passport, identity card etc.)
2 Available for two adults and maximum 3 children aged under 18.
3 Available for groups purchasing minimum 20 tickets for the same time
Ticket offices operate in the Castle Garden Bazaar (Várkert Bazár) at three different locations
Opening hours of the ticket offices:
- Guard's Palace: every day excluding Monday from 10.00 A.M. to 5.30 P.M.
- Southern Palace: every day excluding Monday from 10.00 A.M. to 5.30 P.M.
- Tourist Information Point: every day excluding Monday from 10.00 A.M. to 5.30 P.M.
In case you are having problems or an inquiry about our online ticket purchase, please contact the Interticket office at one of the following: +36-1-266-0000, email@example.com
- Credit/Debit Card
- SZÉP Card
Visitors acknowledge that within the premises of the exhibition audio and visual recordings may be made. Visitors accept and consent that recordings can be made of them and no claim may be raised in connection with this.
Guided tours may be booked via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on weekdays from 8.00–17.00.
Phone: +36-30-198-5274 (also available in opening hours during the weekend)
Guided tours may be scheduled at least 5 days prior to your visit.
Hungarian-speaking guided tour: 17.000,-HUF/group on top of admission.
Maximum number of people in a group: 25
Duration: 1,5 hrs
The price of an English-speaking guided tour is agreed individually
We are only able to issue tickets free of charge on the day of the visit, which is subject to documents confirming your eligibility at our ticket office.
Persons eligible for admission free of charge:
- minors up to the age of 6, (citizens of EEA - European Economic Area)
- People with disabilities and their companion (up to 1 person)
- Members of the press (by showing their official press ID)
According to the Government Decree No 194/2000. (XI. 24.) (Government Decree on benefits at museum admission) paragraph no. 1 the decree does not apply to Várkert Bazár or the Former Army Headquarters Building as exhibit spaces. For this reason, apart from the reductions listed above, we do not provide reduced or free admission to the persons or groups listed in paragraph no 2 of the decree:
- the holders of professional access card issued by the Secretary of State
- organisations with national public competence, related to museums and public collections, having at least 400 members
- teachers and retired teachers
- members of national professional
- Not applicable: “Admission is free of charge for the citizens of the EEA-European economic area on a day defined by the institution”
- Not applicable: “Admission is free of charge regardless of citizenship on specific national holidays”
Please note that reduced admission is subject to documents confirming your eligibility (e.g. relevant photo identity cards)
Persons eligible for a 10% discount:
- holders of Hegyvidék card
- holders of I. Kerület card
Persons eligible for a 20% discount:
- holders of Minicards cupons
Persons eligible for a 30% discount:
- holders of the Budapest Card
- holders of Teachers’ ID card
Persons eligible for a 50% discount:
- Student groups arriving from an educational establishment based in the EEA - European Economic Area in the framework of organized education, with members aged under 26 (regardless of their nationality).
Admission is free of charge to our gift shop, which welcomes visitors throughout the opening time.
Castle Garden Bazaar - Southern Palace (1013 Budapest, Ybl Miklós tér 6.)
Following an order via phone or e-mail, we are happy to send gifts or our exhibition catalogue within the country or abroad as well.
+36-1-225-0554 / 164; 166
ARRIVING BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Arriving to Várkert Bazár by bus No. 16: Bus No. 16 serves on the route between Deák Ferenc tér and Széll Kálmán tér crossing the Buda Castle district. Várkert Bazár may be reached from the bus stop Clark Ádám tér with a few minutes of walk.
Arriving to Várkert Bazár from Déli Pályaudvar: Take Metro line M2 to Batthyány tér (2 stops), then bus No. 86 or tram No. 19 or 41 to Várkert Bazár.
Arriving to Várkert Bazár from Keleti Pályaudvar: Take Metro line M2 to Batthyány tér (5 stops), then bus No. 86 or tram No. 19 or 41 to Várkert Bazár.
Arriving to Várkert Bazár from Nyugati Pályaudvar: Take Metro line M2 to Deák Ferenc tér (3 stops), then bus No. 105 to Clark Ádám tér (3 stops). From the bus stop Clark Ádám tér Várkert Bazár may be reached with a few minutes of walk.
Arriving to Várkert Bazár by boat: Take boat No. 11 (operating between Kopaszi-gát and Újpest, Árpád híd) to the stop ‘Várkert Bazár’.
ARRIVING BY CAR:
From Margit híd, budai hídfő (Margit Bridge, West Side) take Árpád fejedelem út and then Angelo Rotta rakpart to the direction of Sztehlo Gábor rakpart. Continue towards Fő utca until Clark Ádám tér, then from Clark Ádám tér continue on Lánchíd utca.
From Erzsébet híd, budai hídfő (Erzsébet Bridge, West Side) go west, then take Attila út, turn to your right following Attila út and continue straight to Apród utca. Turn to your left to Döbrentei utca, go straight in the direction of Ybl Miklós tér, then continue straight forward. Continue your journey up to Lánchíd utca.
Parking spaces are available in the subterranean garage of Várkert Bazár.
MAP OF THE EXHIBITION